Monday, March 23, 2015

You're More Than a Pretty Face



Looks ain't everything, my friends. As I continue writing this blog, I want y'all to know that I'm not doing it for people to view and envy everything I post. I love fashion, and I love Jesus, and He comes first. And He created you just the way he wanted you. God made you! How crazy is that? He knows every hair on your head and every thought that runs through that head. Whenever you look in the mirror and hate what you see (I know I'm guilty of this), don't you think that breaks His heart? You don't see that you're God's beautiful creation and that His love is enough. So what if you don't have that thigh gap? So what if you have acne? So what if you don't own the newest must-have? It doesn't matter. Outward beauty fades. Yep, here comes the cliche. It's what's on the inside that counts. Kindness, joyfulness, encouragement, patience - these things matter. Glorifying God with every day - that matters. I'm here, writing this blog, so that I can share my outfits and experiences with whoever wants to read this! Though, I have to remind myself that it isn't about appearances. Sure, I love clothes as much as the next fashionista, and if I appear to have it all together, I promise I don't. No one does. And that's okay!  I do not want those who read this to be caught up in appearances that will not last forever when what is in your heart will! I pray that you all know Jesus and realize that He is everything and that the things of this world are not. I'm going to continue living for Jesus, and surely fail many times, but I'll be wearing cute clothes while doing it! We're never going to be perfect, but that doesn't mean we should stop trying.

Proverbs 31:25-26
"She is clothed with strength and dignity,
she can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue."

Proverbs 31:30
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."

Love y'all, sorry I haven't posted in a while! School has been keeping me quite busy!

-Maddy

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet post. I feel like the blogging and social media world can really offset people priorities- especially when they are only seeing the highlight reel! Thanks for sharing.

    xox. A Peachy Sonder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And yes, I agree! I love seeing perfectly posed pictures as much as the next girl, but I have to remind myself that that's not all that matters! Thanks for stopping by :)

    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm going to continue living for Jesus, and surely fail many times, but I'll be wearing cute clothes while doing it!" amen, I absolutely love your outlook and heart! So, so easily we can get caught up in what everyone else is doing or blogging that we forget the important things in life or that God made us exactly the way we were intended to be- and in his image, and we wouldn't call him ugly so why would he call ourselves that?
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Thank you so much, Brooke! I'm super thankful you feel the same way, God is so great!!

      Maddy

      Delete