Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Beach Bum



 I promise I wore sunscreen.









How pretty is this place?! The weather has been wonderful for our little trip. Yesterday we hit the beach again, and I sported this tunic as a coverup. After being in arctic temperatures back home, it was pleasant to be hot while being outside.

While we were laying out on the beach, I got a little restless. I felt unproductive and like I should be doing the homework that's looming over me this week instead of just "tanning" in the sand (I don't really tan, I just freckle). During these antsy thoughts, I reminded myself that hardly ever at a prestigious university do I get to experience peace. No waves were creating that rhythmic ocean sound, nobody was partying and causing a ruckus, it was just quiet. The world can be troubling, but finding peace where you are is beyond wonderful. John 16:33 says, "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."

-Maddy







2 comments:

  1. Your cover up is absolutely darling! That beach is beautiful, looking at the photos made me sooo excited for summer (I work at a beach).
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brooke! It was gorgeous, I've never seen water that pretty in person! I wish I could work at the beach, that would be so great!
      xo, Maddy

      Delete