Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Woman Crush Wednesday




Elisabeth Elliot

December 21, 1926 - June 15, 2015

I've thought about doing posts like this for a while, and with the death of a wonderful lady, I was prompted to post my first "Woman Crush Wednesday." Every few weeks, I'll be posting about women of the Lord whom I greatly admire. So, here we go!

Elisabeth Elliot's autobiography can be found on her website elisabethelliot.org. The story I know greatest about her is when she was the wife of Jim Elliot. Jim Elliot died in 1956 while witnessing to an Indian tribe. The Indians were confused and scared, and they speared Jim Elliot. Sound familiar? This story was told in the movie End of the Spear (which I strongly recommend watching, it's awesome). My grandparents were acquaintances of the missionaries serving alongside of the Elliots, so I've heard their story many times during my life. Elisabeth stayed with the same tribe that killed her husband for two years. I can only hope to be as forgiving as she and as determined as she to reach the most challenging people. Through opposition after opposition, this woman put all of her strength into honoring the Lord. 

"The fact that I am a woman does not make me a different kind of Christian, but the fact that I am a Christian makes me a different kind of woman." Preach it, sista. We should be different. We should disagree with what the world thinks. We should live for Jesus.

I hope we all desire to be more like this woman but most of all, more like Jesus!! 

Thanks for stopping by!

-Maddy

2 comments:

  1. Love this & your blog! This is such an inspiration, and I'm looking forward to stopping by for future posts. :)
    ~Adrienne
    adriennechristine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Adrienne!! That makes me so happy :)

      Maddy

      Delete