Friday, July 17, 2015

DIY Flower Letter


Hey y'all! I recently made a flower letter for my dorm room, and it turned out so well, I wanted to share it with y'all! Making the letter is easy enough, but it is time consuming. Though with how well it turned out, I think it was well worth it! 

To start off, I purchased a bunch of fake, pretty flowers from Hobby Lobby. I ended up getting way more than I needed, but I can use them on future crafty projects! I might put them on my tall mirror that I bought from Target for $10 to put in my dorm room last year, just to spruce it up a bit.

 

Then, I pulled the blooms off of the stems and cut the remaining stem off of the flower so that it would lay flatter on the surface of the letter.


I also got this cardboard "M" from Hobby Lobby. Because it was a thick block letter, I painted the sides of it with a couple coats of white acrylic paint to make it prettier and brighter! After allowing the paint to dry, I arranged the flowers on the letter before glueing them down because I'm a perfectionist and had to make sure the colors and sizes varied aesthetically well. 


We determined that hot glueing the backs of the flowers was more effective for the bigger flowers. For the smaller flowers that we used as space-filllers (so that none of the cardboard would show), we put a dot of hot glue on the cardboard and stuck the little flower on that. 
[only a few fingers were burned in the making of this post]



Ta-da! We were thrilled at how great these turned out! It took a total of two hours to make the letters, including breaks between burning fingers and watching reality TV.


 I hope y'all try it out! Yay for creativity…and Pinterest!

Thanks for stopping by!

-Maddy



2 comments:

  1. Such a cute DIY! May have to try it sometime in the future :)
    ~Adrienne
    adriennechristine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should, I don't think it could turn out badly!! :)

      Delete